Wednesday, July 23, 2014

One Year in the Rear View | Pt. 2

Get ready for a flood of wedding-ness! 


Two months and one week later we got married! July 7th. Yes you read that correctly. We planned our wedding in two months and one week. It would not have been possible without our friends and family’s support and endless help! It was a total whirlwind but the best kind! I ate, slept, and breathed wedding. It was the best! We had crafting days, bridal showers, shopping trips and many sleepless nights all right on top of each other. It was a gorgeous day! 


The whole week leading up to the wedding we had torrential rain that did not appear to be slowing down. This is bad news for an outdoor wedding when everything was planned outside. Ceremony and reception both. But God always has a plan. It rained in the early morning of our wedding and then stopped by the time we started getting ready. I have always wanted it to rain on my wedding. My mom has always told me that it rains on days of God’s blessing. It has rained on big life events my whole life. Yes God blesses us abundantly each and every day way beyond what we deserve but it’s fun to see a connection I big life events. It rained on the day of our wedding, the day Joey graduated Basic training, the day our baby girl was born, and the day I left home to live in San Antonio. 

Anyways…we started getting ready at 7am and started pictures at 2p. It was such a beautiful day! We washed mason jars, my parents gave me wedding jewelry, we took a limo ride to the farm, Joey and I exchanged letters before the wedding and everyone kept secrets from me to keep the day fun and relaxing. I was so blessed by everything that happened. Due to the rain the whole ceremony site had to be rethought. The original site was flooded by the pond we were going to get married near. The farm was incredibly muddy and ply wood and straw had to cover areas so people could walk around. The reception area had to be totally cleaned up from a wedding the day before . I knew none of this. For all I knew, the day was perfect and it was!

If you have ever been married you know the whole day is a total blur. If you have awesome friends like mine, there are priceless moments you share that create forever memories, both serious and fun.




There are a few moments that stand out to me and I remember very clearly. Now you get to enjoy those with me! There are so many more that got I don't necessarily have pictures for or space on this post. *wink,wink* I would imagine you don't want to spend your WHOLE day reading this. 

For starters, I remember sitting on the bed with my parents and sister before putting my dress on being the four of us for the last time. Because in s short time we were going to expand the fam!


I cherish my mom helping me put my dress on in the living room of their house. There were more than a million buttons it seemed!



Then, I treasure the moment my dad saw me all ready to go. There are no words to describe how precious these moments are to me. 



Then sitting in the limo dying to see me future husband and catching my first glimpse of him (The rule is he can’t see me, I can see him, people.). Then I remember the relief I felt holding his hand and reading his letter before the ceremony.  

Standing with my dad at the top of the aisle and walking down the aisle with him. Seeing Joey’s face the first time he saw me! My dad giving me away in his own unique and perfect way. 


Saying “I do”. Washing each other’s feet then praying together. Taking all our couple’s pictures together (more to come at the end). 


Sitting at the table eating dinner with all of our friends and family and for the first time as husband and wife! Do you get the feeling that I am excited to be a WIFE and have a HUSBAND? Even one whole year later! 


The toasts and the tears that went along with them. My sister sounded all grown up, it was strange but totally priceless!


Dancing with my new HUSBAND! 


Dancing with my daddy. 



Then my mom’s surprise. She got us three of those floating sky lanterns. One for each of the families that make up our family. They were to represent sending us off from where we grew up as our own family. While still supporting and encouraging us to, "Be a part of the old, become our own, and SOAR!" We all three lit them and watched them fly away. It was beautiful! 




Then my father-in-love’s surprise, fireworks to tie the night all together! It really was a more beautiful day than I could imagine! 

We said our goodbyes, got in the car and started driving to the hotel. We didn’t make it five minutes down the road before we realized we forgot to sign the marriage license! We had to turn around and go back! But, we met my best friend’s mom and AMAZING wedding planner at the entrance to the farm and managed not to get stuck saying goodbyes again.

Now, I know that seems like a lot of memories for the day (and made for a rather long post) but, there were so many other moments not mentioned. For this reason, I am so glad we had a wedding video made! It encapsulated so much of the wedding that I would have missed otherwise. I'm not sure if the video will work but here's to trying...Check it out!


If the video doesn't work try this link: http://vimeo.com/78700396

So, our wedding was one of the happiest memories of my life that I will always cherish! I love those who were involved and wouldn't change a thing. Besides maybe make it go on longer to make even more memories. But since that isn't a possibility I will cherish that time in my life forever! This momma has stayed up entirely too late and is off to bed. But first, the final pictures that I promised earlier...







video credits: Douglas Gautraud




No comments:

Post a Comment