Thursday, October 16, 2014

{ Releasing the Inner Child }

It's been a while, but that just means that I have plenty of stuff to blog about so, prepare yourself for an onslaught of posts...hopefully (provided life doesn't become too crazy).

I firmly believe that there is a little kid in all of us that keeps day to day life from getting too serious to handle. It's what makes "the little things in life" so exciting and meaningful. That being said, Joey recently had his twenty-something birthday and I threw him a birthday party that really brought out his inner kid! One of the things I love most about my man is how he is able to be serious and also maintain his fun and silly side. Before you read on please note this is a judgement-free zone where Joey's inner kid will be revealed. If you're going to judge, stop reading. But if you're ready to keep an open mind and remember how fun birthday parties were when you were 5, please join me in a cottage in the Deep South of Texas and meet...The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles!




Joey's birthday conveniently fell on a Friday this year so he was able to request permission to stay off base. Ellie and I picked him up and made a stop along the way home. 



Joey knew that several surprises awaited him at home but I don't think he quite understood the magnitude of what was waiting for him. I had ordered a pizza from Pizza Hut for dinner and that was our stop on the way home. This was no ordinary pizza, however, this was a Ninja Turtle pizza. 



As we arrived home, I ran inside to add the pizza to the festivities awaiting Joey. He grabbed Ellie and headed inside. The scene inside was everything Ninja turtles! 





See that smile? Yeah...That says his birthday party is a success!!



Ellie and I bought Joey his favorite TMNT movie, a mask and nun chucks, and TMNT armbands. 






This day quickly became one of my favorite memories, not only from Texas but in general. This is only the second birthday I have been able to spend with Joey and I can not wait to hopefully spend many more with him!


I have been so incredibly blessed with an amazing family! Love these two more than words can say!


His birthday wouldn't be complete if I didn't call him old. What does he expect me to say? 


 Obviously Eliana had fun! Her first party hat!


Joey got to enjoy a birthday cake from our favorite bakery, Bird Bakery. Peach Amaretto...yumm! Bird is a must if you ever find yourself in San Antonio.



We went all out and not only did Joey have a blast all three of us did! The rest of the weekend was full of Farkle, TMNT movies (old and new) and priceless family time! 


Joey's party was fun for the whole family. I hope we never take ourselves so seriously that we cease to enjoy "the little things" in life.

No comments:

Post a Comment